Introducing the Birth Your Truest Story Writers’ Community!
A free online gathering place for creators of memoir and fiction
Step into a non-judgmental space where you will feel safe to discover your most tender voice, so that your truest stories can take root and blossom.
Join our free writers’ community for access to weekly writing prompts and dedicated group writing times.
Come meet kindred writers and enjoy the support of a nurturing community.
Join our community to…
- Write together during community writing time
- Get inspired with our weekly writing prompts
- Hone your craft with expert master classes
- Share your work and receive productive feedback in our facilitated writers’ circles
- Connect with other writers on our welcoming online platform
- Find out about upcoming virtual and in-person events
About Your Guides…
In 2016, lifelong friends Jennifer Browdy and Audrey Kalman conceived of a workshop that would use birth as a metaphor for the writing process.
Combining Jennifer’s expertise as a memoirist and teacher with insights from Audrey’s work as a birth doula and writer, we taught our first workshop together in person at Book Passage in Corte Madera, California and then virtually for Shuffle Collective’s Weekend of Words.
Since then, we have taught at many venues and developed a series of finely crafted master classes as well as unique techniques for facilitating productive writers’ circles.
Our workshop series supports sustained engagement while also allowing participants the flexibility of joining any month or trying out a single session.
In 2022, we are further expanding by launching our exciting new community platform. Join us!